New Pizza

I recently purchased this book, Mastering Pizza, by Marc Vetri. The book is terrific. Making good pizza is not too hard, but making great pizza is difficult. It is hard to get enough heat inside a residential oven.
My sourdough crust, following Vetri's recipe, was quite thin. It would have been crisp if I could have raised my oven temperature to the prescribed 700 - 800 degrees.
Even with a pizza stone I couldn't radiate enough heat to make the crust really crisp before the top started burning.
Still, check out this video and see if you don't start feeling a tiny bit hungrier.

Comments

  1. Vetri's pasta restaurant is reknown, except I didn't know about it until I stopped visiting Philly on a regular basis. Worth a stop if you ever are in the neighborhood again.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment